Climate projections are available as daily time-series in a format suitable for most biophysical models. The projections data are provided for two time-slices centred on 2030 and 2050, and are available for approximately 4,700 climate stations, or for points on a 0.05 degree (approximately 5km) grid across Australia. See user guide for details about Consistent Climate Change Scenarios data.
Six climate elements (rainfall, evaporation, minimum and maximum temperature, solar radiation and vapour pressure deficit) are supplied in either P51 or APSIM format, which are data input details specific to GRASP pasture model (P51) and APSIM crop simulation model.
The data are available for
- three perturbation methods (change factor, quantile matching and linear mixed effect state space) for Australia and high resolution downscaled 10 km data for Queensland.
- eight emission scenarios used in the 4th Assessment Report (AR4) of IPCC. These emission scenarios are described in the Special Report on Emissions Scenarios (SRES). The data for the following scenarios are available: A1FI, A2, A1B, B2, A1T, B1, 550ppm stabilisation by 2150 and 450ppm stabilisation by 2100.
- four Representative Concentration Pathways (RCPs) for the 5th Assessment Report (AR5) of IPCC (RCP2.6, RCP4.5, RCP6.0 and RCP8.5)
- three global sensitivities (high, medium and low)
- 23 global climate models for AR4
- 32 global climate models for AR5.
- 10 high resolution climate models downscaled to 10 km of spatial resolution over Queensland region.
Data are delivered via ftp. A sample of the data (ZIP, 1.3M) is available.
Only small orders for data can be accepted via this web site. For example, you can only download data for up to ten locations and up to three emission scenarios at any one time. If you wish to order larger amounts of data, please contact us.