Drought declarations (Department of Agriculture and Fisheries)
Latest drought situation map and shire listing
- Latest coloured drought situation map - opens in new window (GIF, 237kB, last updated 10:22 15 Sep 2016)
- Latest black & white drought situation map and shire listing (PDF, 191kB, last updated 10:22 15 Sep 2016)
Drought and natural disaster declarations
As at 1 September 2016 there are a total of 35 councils and four part council areas drought declared, with 82 Individually Droughted Properties in a further fourteen council areas.
Natural Disaster Declarations
Commonwealth/State Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) have been activated for primary producers for the following events during recent times:
- Tropical Cyclone Nathan and associated rainfall & flooding, 11-21 March 2015 (PDF)*
- Severe Tropical Cyclone Marcia and South East Queensland trough, 19 - 22 February 2015 (PDF)*
- Tropical Cyclone Ita and Associated Rainfall and Flooding, 11 - 14 April 2014 (PDF)*
Monthly Climate Statement
The Science Delivery Division of the Department of Science, Information Technology and Innovation (DSITI) produces a monthly climate statement which interprets seasonal climate outlook information for Queensland. The monthly climate statement is based on DSITI's own information and also draws on information from national and international climate agencies.
Drought Assessment Information report
The Drought Assessment Information report is a multi-map report for a specific shire or regional council as a PDF document, emailed to you.
The report is produced by the AussieGRASS model via the FORAGE system; it includes rainfall, pasture growth, potential flow to stream, total standing dry matter (biomass) and a curing index for different time periods to assist with drought assessment.
Queensland Water Storages
Queensland Water Supply Levels for major irrigation water storages managed by Sunwater can be accessed from the Sunwater web site (PDF)*
* Requires Adobe Reader
Last updated 1 December 2015